1. Is the college affiliated/ run by Baroda University/ Board?
Ans: NO. SNDT College of Arts and SCB College Of Arts, Commerce & Science for
Women is the first conducted college of S.N.D.T Women’s University in Mumbai. S.N.D.T
Women’s University is the state university established in Maharashtra state as per the regulations of
Maharashtra University Act. It has no connection with Baroda University/ Board.
2. Is there Hostel facility available on the campus?
Ans. YES.We have a university Hostel on campus on the 4th, 5th and 6th floor for senior college students which can accommodate 25 students of our college with all facilities for study, recreation and common living.
The hostel mess serves subsidized meals and refreshments for hostilities & guests.
A lady Doctor attends hostilities regularly. Admissions are given only to those who are students of institutions constituent colleges of the university.
3. Paying the application fee is a hardship for my family. Can I get a waiver?
Ans: NO. There will not be outright waiver in the application fee but the college may try to ease the trouble for the students from financially humble background.
4. How important are extracurricular activities in admissions decisions?
Ans: Each case is different. Some students distinguish themselves for admission with their unusual academic promise through experience or achievements in study or research. Other students present compelling cases because they are more “well-rounded,” having contributed in many different ways to their schools or communities. Still other successful applicants are “well-lopsided” with demonstrated excellence in one particular endeavor. Some students bring perspectives formed by unusual personal circumstances or experiences. Like many colleges, we seek to admit dynamic, talented, and diverse students who will contribute significantly to the education of their classmates.
5. Will there be any disadvantage for gap year students?
Ans. No, all you need are the necessary documents
6. I am a science student. Can I apply for bachelor with honours in Arts/Humanities subjects?
Ans. You can apply for Bachelor with honours in Arts/Humanities subjects provided you fulfill
specific eligibility condition and meet the requisite cut off.
7. Once I have taken admission in a particular subject, can I change my subject during the
course of study or after completing first year?
Ans. No, once you’re admitted in a particular subject, you can change your subject only before the
last date of admission provided seats are available and you meet the requisite cut off.
8. I appeared in class 12th exam last year but failed to clear one subject. Then, I appeared in
re-exam and cleared it. Now, I have two marks sheets, can I get admission?
Ans. Yes, you can get admission and you will not be at any disadvantage.
9. Does a candidate require to be present in person for admission?
Ans. Yes, candidate must be present on the day of admission in the college along with the necessary
10. I have completed my class XII from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling can I get admission in regular college?
Ans. Yes, you can get admission in regular course provided you have applied in that course / college and meet the cut off.
11. Does it is important to have caste or tribe certificate in the name of candidate?
Ans. Yes, if you are applying under any reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PH, then you must have Caste/Tribe/PH certificate in the name of candidate. The OBC certificate must also specify that candidates belong to non-creamy layer and caste is listed in the Central Government list.
12. Are there Placement opportunity in campus interviews?
Ans: YES. The Placement Cell of our College endeavors towards assisting the students in creating a better future by getting the top companies for campus recruitments. The cell works to ensure that students get placements / internships of their choice and also that each company walks out of the college with an ideal candidate.
13. Does the College run Post Graduate courses?
Ans. Since the college is housed in University premises, students may pursue PG Courses in the same building. It is practically possible that an SSC passed student gets admission for junior college and continues her studies till Post-doctoral in the same building.
14. Do the students have go to some other centre for University examinations?
Ans: No. The college itself is the centre for University Examinations. Henmce they don’t need to go elsewhere for examinations.