The B.Sc.(IT) at a SNDT University’s Churchgate College, aims to prepare students for a bright career in Information Technology and its related fields.
Who should take B.Sc.(IT): If one is really keen in pursuing a career in the field of Information technology / Computer Science.
Our syllabus consists of practical and theoretical courses aimed at giving a strong base for a future career in IT.
We arrange for seminars by well known professionals, during the course. It provides the exposure for the latest trends in their future workplaces.
After B.Sc.(IT), one can study further or can apply for placement in IT companies
Objectives of the Course
• To provide basic broad understanding of Information Technology and its other disciplinary interfaces.
• To synergize information Technology with all its ramifications.
• Focusing the programme on Principles and applications of IT and Computer Sciences.
• To provide IT manpower especially women technocrats for IT sector.
• The course curriculum is designed by the IT entrepreneurs and senior expertise faculties in the IT field.
• Semester pattern with six semesters.
• A continuous evaluation process, through assignments, tutorials and periodic tests etc. is implemented.
• Practical focused curriculum, which can satisfy the immediate need of the industry,
• Three dedicated labs are available for conducting practicals and experiments.
• Dedicated internet connections are available under broadband and wireless internet.
• The laboratories are air conditioned and are equipped with the current hardware configuration including LCD monitors.
• Lectures and practical sessions are demonstrated using LCD projector and DLP projector.
• M.C.A., M.B.A., B.E./B.Tech., M.Tech and experienced full time faculties.
• Frequent lectures by experts from industry, expert faculties from renowned institutions scheduled.
• Placement counseling and preparation by experts.
• Train the students in their duties, responsibilities and rights.
• Promote opportunities for personality development, leadership, knowledge and the spirit of service.
• Organise debates, seminars, group discussions, workshops & industrial visits etc.
• Encourage sports, arts and other social, cultural and recereational activities.
• Technical events like “Man-o-Tech organise by B.Sc l.T & BMS department to encourage growing talent.
Total Number of Seats : 60
Reservation : as per Government Rules.
There will be No Common Entrance Test (GET)
The candidates should have passed XII Std. / HSC. Examination (Science) or its equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects with minimum 45% aggregate marks for the Open Category and 40% aggregate for the Reserved Category.
Diploma in Computer Engineering / Computer Science, Computer Technology / Electrical, Electronics and Allied Branches.
Diploma recognized by the Board of Technical Educational or any other Government body in Mechanical and Allied Branches, Civil and Allied Branches of Engineering with minimum 45% aggregate marks for the open category and 40% aggregate for the Reserved Category candidates are also eligible for the admission to the First Year of the B.Sc. (In Degree Course).
Students with recognized post HSC Diploma in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Technology by the Board of Technical Education or any other recognized government body are eligible for the direct admission to the Second Year B.Sc. (IT) Course. Admission will be granted strictly on the basis of Merit.
The Merit will be decided on the basis of the following:
• Marks in Mathematics at HSC. In case if tie Aggregate of HSC Science! Marks in Mathematics at SSC/Marks in Science at SSC IC rant total at SSC in order.
• Total of 5 seats are reserved for Diploma Holders.
• In case of vacancy, these seats will be available for HSC Passed Students.
Required Documents for Admission to B.Sc. IT:
The student has to submit the following Documents in Original along with duly attested Xerox copies of each document.
1. HSC Examination Mark-sheet
2. Leaving Certificate
3. Caste Certificate with valid documentary Evidence (if applicable)
4. Recent 2 Passport size photographs.